Fabulous Massage Seattle • Susanne E. Ashland, LMT / CST
WA License #MA21386 | OR License #7909
I began my career as a Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) in Oregon in 2001. My business was re-born as Fabulous Massage Seattle in 2005.
I have also volunteered my services at running events, a firefighter base camp, Tent City 3, Relay for Life, and hospice.
- Ethics, 2018
- Cranio Sacral Training, 2017-2018
- Awareness Massage Lomi Lomi, 2016
- Understanding Diabetes, 2016
- A Therapeutic Yoga Approach to Addressing Scoliosis, 2016
- Ethics, 2016 (updated every two years)
- Hospice Massage, 2014
- Neurofascial Release training, Nov. 2013
- Medical Massage, 2012
- Neck, Head, Jaw Intraoral Endorsement, 2011
- BLS/CPR for Health Care Providers, 2011
- Mana Lomi® Level 1 Clinical Massage Technique, 2009
- Active Isolated Stretching, 2007
- Deep Tissue and Sports Massage, 2004
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF), 2003
Areas of Expertise
I pay close attention to your posture, body imbalances, and compensations, with the goal of recreating balance. Energy, breath, and visualization play a large role in my work.
I draw on a variety of modalities and techniques, combined in unique ways, to best address your issues.
- Cranio Sacral Therapy
- Neurofascial release for pain reduction
- Swedish/Esalen massage for deep relaxation
- Pregnancy massage, using the bodyCushion™ pregnancy positioner
- Trigger point release for pain relief
- Intraoral techniques for treatment of TMJ to release tight and painful jaw, head, and neck muscles and increase range of motion
- PNF (Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilation) stretches to reset muscle resting length
- Localized Deep Tissue work
- Pin and Stretch techniques
- Mana Lomi® hip stretch techniques
- Traction and Compression
- Myofascial release techniques for injured tissue
- Jostling to reset the body's nervous system
- Active Isolated Stretching
Licenses and Certifications
• Intraoral Endorsement
I dedicate this site to Jeffrey Dawkins, beloved friend, amazing musician, producer, and web developer, without whose generosity and cheerleading this site would not exist. In addition, I owe Rev. Austin Patty my sincerest thanks for his encouragement and guidance.
And last but not least, a big thank you to Esther Giffen, LMT, whose fabulous massages healed and inspired me. With every deep breath, I think of you.